* Earth, Fire, Water, Wind
* Food and Drink Sounds
* Movements and Sounds
* Mystical Creatures
* Sounds from People
* Bodily Sounds
* Devices, Mechanics, Sounds in a Building
* Sounds heard in the City
* Sounds heard in the Country
* Words to Describe Colors
For instance, under the Section Heading of "Elements" you will find the word "Earth". Under that subheading you will find words and phrases like "Leaves", "Trees", "Mud Slide", etc. For each of these words you will find a list of words to describe that word or phrase. For instance, here are words to describe a Mud slide: Babble, Burble, Croon, Glunk, Gurgle, Gush, Heave, Murmur, Prattle, Ripple, Splash, Slop, Slosh, Spurt, Smoosh, Squash,Squirt, Squish, Stream, Surge, Swill, Trickle, Warble, Whoosh. This could be useful if you're writing something and you're trying to come up with a word to describe the sound of a mud slide. You might write: "The mud murmured and gurgled as it whooshed down the hillside." Other categories can be used in similar fashion.
You can read the book in its entirety by clicking here or by clicking on the book cover at the top of this blog. Please note, you will not be able to save a copy of the book, you will only be able to read the book online or print out a copy for your own use. Also, please be aware: This PDF file is given to you with the mutual respect that as a fellow writer, we, the authors, expect:
* Only the contributors are permitted to produce, mail or email copies to others.
* Only contributors may upload any part of this book to their personal website or blog.
* Please avoid uploading any part of this file to any community board, group or account. Instead direct people to your website or the website of contributors.
For a complete list of contributors please see front cover.
Thanks, and enjoy!!