Monday, May 13, 2013

CRAFT MANIA, ISSAC THE FROG, and THE LITTLE LIGHTHOUSE



I realized after I had made the list of books with their descriptions (see older posts below), that I forgot to include these three: CRAFT MANIA, ISAAC THE FROG and THE LITTLE LIGHTHOUSE.  So, here they are.

First, CRAFT MANIA: CRAFT MANIA is a bind-up (a combination) of three of my craft books, PIPE CLEANER MANIA, MILK CARTON MANIA, and PAPER CUP MANIA. Gramercy Press, a division of Random House, purchased the rights to publish one book that combined the contents of the three books mentioned (see descriptions of each in previous posts). It's like buying three books in one! I haven't been able to find it on the Web, so I'm not sure if it's still available for purchase, except through Amazon.com and sites like that.


ISAAC THE FROG: Isaac is a little boy who wakes up one morning and pretends to be a frog. He goes through the whole day with this routine, driving his mom crazy when he answers with nothing but frog sounds (like "ribbit") all day long. So at the end of the day, when mom tucks him in, she has a little surprise for him.



THE LITTLE LIGHTHOUSE was "born" when my friend, Lee Ann Dunlap, decided she wanted to write a book with me. We came up with the idea of a little lighthouse that thought it wasn't very useful because all he did was sit on the shore and look out at the sea. He didn't think there was much use in that. But, he found out how useful he really was when there was a problem in the harbor. Our mutual friend, Sarah Koch, did the illustrations for this book.

No comments: